Wednesday, February 17, 2010

1 week later.

Not that I really expected anything obvious of course. Daily trips to the gym (45-50mins each), no soda, no sobe, no chips, no fries, small caesar salads and chicken teriyaki rice bowls for dinner. I'm trying to drink lots of water. I get a glass of milk and a glass of OJ a day.

I feel OK, I'm eating less, and taking out the extras, and I've started to look at calories and other nutritional info. I probably should create a food journal, and start using the kitchen scale to be sure of the numbers.

At the gym, I'm cycling through arms (bicep/tricep), legs, and shoulders/chest. I do crunches and leg lifts for the abs. I try to end the day with jogging, incline 'power walking' on the treadmill, the bike, or similar exercise.

I'm also thinking I should start tracking the weights at each station, so I can see progress there. I try to do 3 sets of 12 reps for each station.

I'm thinking my personal weight is probably worthless to record, how much I can press, or curl, and if the ol' pants are getting loose is the better way to track progress. My previous weigh ins were bunk anyway, I've switched to 'right out of the shower in the morning', so hopefully that will be more consistent, but I have yet to see anything happen. However, it's only been a week, and the analog scale isn't very accurate. A friend told me once he started up his workout regimen, he gained weight, probably because he was adding muscle.











No comments:

Post a Comment