Monday, January 31, 2011

So, I'm a web guy now?

Since my last post, I've been busy. I finished the video indexing website, and from that, I got another job building a 'kiosk' like application using tomcat/js/chrome, then my pet sitter had me update her website for payments. It's not quite paying all the bills (I do have a regular day job), but it's a nice chunk of extra money.

I've also helped out here and there with other sites, and dang, people really suck at HTML. I was poking around a website made for UGA, to see if I could help out my girlfriend, and was aghast at how poorly designed it was. It was made by a local web services company, to the tune of $5000. Thing is, it looked like it was a 'template' that they simply copied over. If thats what people are paying for, then maybe I should try to ramp up a bit more business and see what happens.

I also finally started android development, and the first thing I'm doing there is to do a port of sorts of my windows EFIS software, but update the UI to fit the android platform of course.

This is quite an interesting time to work on android. We've seen 2.3 pop out, and within a month, 3.0 announced and demoed. Its still unclear as to what the 'line in the sand' is between the two. Are phone devs supposed to target 2.3, or skip it for 3.0?
We'll find out tomorrow I suppose, there will be a Honeycomb launch at 1pm EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment