Saturday, January 16, 2010

Your iphone sucks, and the apple tablet is vaporware

All I'm gonna say about 'the apple tablet', is that it doesn't exist, and even if it did. it will suck just as much as your iphone does.


Some people may say 'My iphone doesn't suck!', and they'd be wrong, but whatever. Droves of idiots lined up to buy an iphone at launch for $600. Seriously, $600??
It had 12 applications, total - "but it has 50,000 now!" Thats great, really it is, yet: how many are decent apps? how many work on all versions of the iphone? Do you think that when a mystical 'tablet/slate/pad' comes out that all these apps will magically work? Not apples M.O. Look back at history, apple will screw over it's user base by nixing backwards compatibility without a second thought. They do it all the time with their hardware.

MS has had tablets for years now, I'm composing this on an HP tablet PC in fact. It's pretty cool actually, thankfully it has a full keyboard, and has an OS with millions of applications, it also has well thought out OS integration with the tablet aspect. I don't see apple magically producing a must have gadget with no experience in this field. The same applies to the iphone, which is nothing more than a glorified 'dumbphone', it didn't even do regular 'phone' stuff very well.
(ipods don't even play music well, nor do their computers run software well, but I digress)

If this POS ever comes out, I expect the same stream of BS to pour out of the apple zealots; headlines such as "Apple invents tablet computing", "Why I'm selling my car to get an iSlate", and "I named my newborn child iSlate".

I just thought of something... I stopped watching TV cuz of all the brain dead sitcoms, how do I stop hearing about shitty apple products while surfing the web?



1 comment:

  1. Kinda true. I wish I could avoid the hype like I avoid ads. Maybe someone should make an adblock-like extension for chrome that blocks all articles, comments and ads that mention apple or iphone.

    Because, as you know: There's one thing PC users can do that Mac users can't

    ReplyDelete